cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Help with Animation

RENEVDMERWE
1-Newbie

Help with Animation

HI

I am trying to do a simple Animation and I am having problems with the constraints,what I want to do is animate a simple Ferris wheel but can't get the baskets to stay level with the ground.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx

Rene

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Rene.

When you have only Mechanism Design, you can define SERVO MOTOR for large wheel and then the baskets.
It is important to properly design speed of rotation of each component.

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,
In defining this assembly is necessary to define the PIN constraints. Servo Motor you will define on the big wheel. Baskets (Cage) will remain in one direction, if you define GRAVITY (direction and size).

Note. "To define GRAVITY do you need a license - Mechanism Dynamics Option"

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Thank you Vladimir

If i read the options Modules correctly i only have Mechanism_Design*

Hello Rene.

When you have only Mechanism Design, you can define SERVO MOTOR for large wheel and then the baskets.
It is important to properly design speed of rotation of each component.

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Hello Rene,

Have you tried using a software program called Blender? Blender is an Open Source, 3d animation program that works great with ProE models.

I use it for all of my animations with great results. Something like your ferris wheel would be easy to set up and animate within Blender.

Let me know if you have any questions about Blender or you need help with your animation. I would be glad to take a look at it for you.

Dennis

HI DENNIS

I downloaded Blender,and will install it and play around with it a bit,will let you know if I get stuck or need any help.

Thanks

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags