cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How do I display true displacement in the results

ptc-4954368
1-Newbie

How do I display true displacement in the results

Can someone tell me how to display true displacement in the results window? I'm trying to analyze a snap. I want to see how it fits as it moves through its motion.

I only see the scale setting. If I set it to 100% it completely distorts.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Adam,

"%" is in relation to a 'model size' dimension, and it's intended to make the shape of the deformation obvious for any magnitude of max displacement, for any model size. It works quite well for that on the default 10%.

For absolute displacement, untick the "&" box and just enter "1" - it's now a scale factor, so 100 would give you 100× actual displacement.

You'll need to set the scale to "1" without a check next to the "%" symbol. This will provide "true" displacement of the analysis.

Hello

Why the dimensions of the part grow with the displacement ?

Thanks

Hi Valeriu,

Is your part rotating?

If so, the apparent 'growth' is because the analysis (and the displayed displacement) is linear. Each point on your part has a tangential displacement; if you display this at a scale greater than 1, the result is that the diameter of the part appears to increase.

the scale is very close to 1

the appearance is largely bigger than the original part

the force is giving a rotational effect to the deformed part

I also noticed that in function of the displacement scale the XYZ coordinates change

Hi,

Try running Non-linear analysis when the component is under torsion.

Rgds,

Shiva

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags