cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to locate a command

twidmer
1-Newbie

How to locate a command

On my system is a customized command "OberflaeSymbole" its not a bad one. But unfortunately there is a small error in it and for me that means I have to change the symbol height to change every time from 2.5 to 3.5.

I'd like to fix that but I don't know how to find the file in which the command is located.

Help will be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Thomas -

It's hard to give you a quick answer because we don't yet know how the OberflaeSymbole utility was implemented.  It would help if you could give us the following information:

1. What kind of symbols does the OberflaeSymbole tool create?
    I could not find any definition/translation for words beginning with Oberflae or Oberflä.
  2. What version of Creo Parametric are you using?

I can offer you a suggestion to get started:

1. Go to Tools > Utilities > Auxilliary Applications (English names) button to open its dialog.
  2. In the Auxilliary Applications dialog, see if there are any programs running which could be the implementation of OberflaeSymbole.
  3. If you do find such a program, close the dialog and go to File > Help > System Information.
  4. Scroll through the information window to find the Auxiliary Application Information, which would tell you where the tool was installed.
  5. Use that information to find out where the source code is for the tool.

I'll leave it to those member using a German-language Creo installation to translate the underlined text above.

If you find nothing in Step 2, then the tool might be implemented some other way, such as a mapkey.

Good luck with this -

|+|  M a r k  |+|

Hi Mark

Thanks for your response! But it's not about Creo Parametric. It's about "PTC Creo Elements/Direct Modeling". (I hope I'm also right here...?)

"Oberflae" was just abreviated from "Oberflaeche" respectively "Oberfläche" and the Symbol is therefore to describe the surface finishing.

I found the command after I "recorded" my steps in Creo.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags