cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How to set config.pro path

CHASEONHO
18-Opal

How to set config.pro path

Hi good morning

how do i set config.pro path?
i connected windchill server, then i set model tree path to windchill
can i set a config.pro path to a windchill pdmlink not a local path?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think this isn't possible.

Creo has a series of places it looks for config.pro files and I don't recall that they can be set independently of where the Creo xtop.exe process is started. You can create a mapkey to load more configuration options from any location that you like and the file can have any normal file name - I prefer to use .txt files so that the text editor can be easily used. Creo doesn't care if a .txt file is loaded from the Config options menu.

Creo looks in the (1) install directory (where the executables are stored), (2) your home directory and then (3) the Start In directory that's usually part of a WIndows short cut in the icon you clicked on or the Start Menu.

My preference is to edit the one in the Start In directory to add a mapkey that lets me load configs from other locations.

Reference: http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_optm/usascii/index.html#page/optm%2Foptions_modeler%2Ffund_five_sub%2FAbout_Configuration_Files.html%23

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I think this isn't possible.

Creo has a series of places it looks for config.pro files and I don't recall that they can be set independently of where the Creo xtop.exe process is started. You can create a mapkey to load more configuration options from any location that you like and the file can have any normal file name - I prefer to use .txt files so that the text editor can be easily used. Creo doesn't care if a .txt file is loaded from the Config options menu.

Creo looks in the (1) install directory (where the executables are stored), (2) your home directory and then (3) the Start In directory that's usually part of a WIndows short cut in the icon you clicked on or the Start Menu.

My preference is to edit the one in the Start In directory to add a mapkey that lets me load configs from other locations.

Reference: http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_optm/usascii/index.html#page/optm%2Foptions_modeler%2Ffund_five_sub%2FAbout_Configuration_Files.html%23

thanks for your reply

it is help to me

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:dschenken)

Slight correction to the location of config.pro. It is not in the install directory, but another directory under the load point.

On my Creo 4, config.pro is here: X:\PTC\creo4f000\Creo 4.0\F000\Common Files\text

X:\ptc\Creo4f000 being my load point specified in the installer.

Top Tags