cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

I have problem in Creo 3.0 on Rest finish sequence.

labolian
4-Participant

I have problem in Creo 3.0 on Rest finish sequence.

I have a problem in Creo 3.0 on Rest finish sequence. It doesn't work, when I make a new Rest finish sequence. Even existing file from creo 2.0 doesn't work, which is perfectly fine in creo 2.0.

Any one can help me.

8 REPLIES 8

Leon,

I am having the same problem. And it is very frustrating because now that I've started this family of parts in Creo 3.0 i cant roll back to Creo 2.0 untill I finish them. I use Volume Milling for most of my toolpaths and then I use Local Milling by Previous Step. This used to work great for me in Creo 2.0. But in Creo 3.0 it just says "Please check setup". I'm trying to get by using Roughing and Reroughing, but for my application they are terrible. I am assuming it is a bug but I can't submit it because my maintenance ran out in January and I can't get back on it anytime soon because management sees software as very low on the totem pole of expenses.

labolian
4-Participant
(To:JasonPensack)

Jason,

I have the maintenance and I have already submitted the issues, but no good answerer. You are right abut the bug. What, I have down to my file. I have saved as STEP file and opened in Creo 2.0 and finished the job. If you still have Creo 2.0, try it.

Leon,

I'm glad it got submitted. I may have to cut my losses and roll back as well. Hopefully they will come out with a fix soon.

gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:labolian)

Leon, Jason,

this is probably because you used Volume Milling from the Process Table in Creo 3.0 - this is NOT the same sequence type as the classic volume milling sequences.

Local milling obviously sometimes has problems with the new type volume milling, but it should still work with the old type volume milling sequences.

Try with config.pro option "enable_classic_nc_steps yes" (when defining volume milling). This should add the Classic NC Steps section under Mill tab (use Volume Rough)

classic_nc_steps.jpg

See article CS191225

BTW: Jason, if there is a bug fix in a newer datecode, you will need maintenance to receive the fixed version.

Regards,

Gunter

gkoch
1-Newbie

Leon, Jason,

did you manage to create the desired toolpath with the classic sequence? Or is there yet another issue interfering?

Thanks,

Gunter

labolian
4-Participant

I am writing to let you know that SPR 2254103 has been resolved in Creo Parametric 3.0 M050.  This datecode is expected to be available to customers on July 26th.

jharper
5-Regular Member

I ran into the same problem whenever we switched over to CREO 3.0, Leon. Seems to be fixed after installing M050.

labolian
4-Participant

Thank you PTC support. The ''Rest Finish'' issue has been fixed by M050.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags