cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Looking for FIL Command for Turret

ScottJohnson
14-Alexandrite

Looking for FIL Command for Turret

I am working on a lathe post for the first time in a while. Our lathe offset command needs to be 6 digits, tool nose radius, tool number, offset number like T010101. Is there a FIL command to make the 4 digit number repeat 2 more digits like the previous 2?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anthony,

I don't know if this helps I don't have a lathe post to test this on but it work with my mill posts. I don't think you need a fil routine. If you modify the post tool under file formats to output 6 characters then change your tool number to the 6 characters this works.

toolnumber1.JPG

toolnumber2.JPG

change your tool number in your tool setup.

toolnumber3.JPG

here is the output to the tap file after the changes.

tool number4.JPG

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but this is what I would do. Hope this helps.

Steve

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Anthony,

I don't know if this helps I don't have a lathe post to test this on but it work with my mill posts. I don't think you need a fil routine. If you modify the post tool under file formats to output 6 characters then change your tool number to the 6 characters this works.

toolnumber1.JPG

toolnumber2.JPG

change your tool number in your tool setup.

toolnumber3.JPG

here is the output to the tap file after the changes.

tool number4.JPG

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but this is what I would do. Hope this helps.

Steve

ScottJohnson
14-Alexandrite
(To:SteveLucas)

Thanks

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags