cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Mechanism Pin Connection

peterbrown772
7-Bedrock

Mechanism Pin Connection

Hola -

I have a pin that is depressed by another part and need to know how to establish the connection. The problem is that I need to somehow have something similar to a Cam Connection's "Liftoff" function because the other part isn't always in contact with the end of the pin.....

Any suggestions?

TIA

1 REPLY 1

Use 3D contact and some simple construction surfaces that are supported by 3D contact, like a sphere and a plane, or even use multiple spheres to make contact zones on your part.  The pin can be on a cylinder joint or whatever allows/constrains the motion desired including spring biasing etc.  It still may be possible to use a CAM, but if the end of the pin is flat or a spherical dome you would need to change it to a convex straightly extruded surface that approximates the original surface.  A CAM can sometimes be used in situations that don't look so much like a CAM, even 90 with degree oriented shafts, rather than parallel.  A CAM is much less cost computationally than 3d contact in my experience.

If you are still working on this and if possible add a screenshot so we have some idea what you are up against.

Top Tags