cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Meshing in Mechanica?

ptc-5197663
3-Visitor

Meshing in Mechanica?

Hello!

I would like to know how can I create 8 nodes and 16 nodes element in meshing.

under "control mesh" I have searched but I could not find anything like that, so can anyone help me with this? Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Chakkarabani

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Have you tried a mapped mesh? You can specify brick elements that way. Creo 2.0, Refine Model --> Control --> Mapped Mesh.

MappedMesh.JPG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

You can insert a mesh control through Autogem -> Control... (at least in Wildfire - it may have moved in Creo.)

There are several types, including Edge Distribution (number of nodes along a selected edge), Maximum Element Size (self-explanatory) and Edge Length by Curvature (very useful for parts with varying fillet radii).

Under Autogem -> Settings... you can choose different element types including tetra (4 nodes), wedge (6 nodes) and brick (8 nodes) but I'm not quite sure what you mean by "16 nodes element". I've also had no success trying to automesh with anything other than tetra elements - you can select brick or wedge, but in my experience it either ignores this and just uses tetra, or it fails with an error message.

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you so much for your kind response! I have tried controlmesh, settings, surface and volume mesh thoroughly but I could not attain only the brick elements, If I select, brick option along with it wedge and tetra also creating.

Also I created a volume on the part of the assembly, then selected the edges of the volume and gave number of nodes but mechanica keeps the nodes I created and along withit, it also includes its own nodes that too the elements are not in brick, only in tetra.. If you want I can post a photo copy.

So is there any possibility to obtain brick elements in mesh?

Once again thanking you for your time and reply.

Regards,

Chakkarabani

Message was edited by: chakkarabani selvam

Have you tried a mapped mesh? You can specify brick elements that way. Creo 2.0, Refine Model --> Control --> Mapped Mesh.

MappedMesh.JPG

Hi neomechanikos,

Thank you for your kind response. The information you gave is for creo2 and the version I work is proe5 creo, Do you know how to create brick element mesh in pro e 5?

Thank you,

Chakkarabani.

I don't think you can get exactly what you are looking for in any release earlier than Creo 1.0.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags