cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

PTC & Custom Libraries

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

PTC & Custom Libraries

Hello all,

I have 2 library questions

1 - When was the last Pro|E library update?

I know there are library CD's for all versions, but the actual files pretty much haven't changed for years.  We have the 2001 library installed, and the files leave some things to be desired like named planes, having all the default planes, taking advantage of the new component interfaces, etc.  Are any of the WF series libraries any different or are they just the same old files?

2 - How can I EASILY integrate our own parts into the PTC library structure?

We've got a pile of models from PEM fasteners to electrical connectors that I'd like to be able to access through the Library dialogs.  I can decipher the *.mnu text files that Pro|E puts in each library directory that fleshes out the menus when you browse the library, but I'm hoping there's an easier way than manually creating those in each directory of our own parts.  We find or create new files on a regular basis to add to the library as well.  Is there anything that can automate this?  Ideally, as users download models or create new ones that we want to be able to use later, I'd like to allow them to be able to add them into the library.  That's probably a fantasy, however.

Thanks,

Doug Schaefer
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
0 REPLIES 0
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags