cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

PTC vs. VAR's

unknown1
1-Newbie

PTC vs. VAR's

I have always went to PTC for all of our Pro/E needs but with the turnover
rate we get in salesmen in our area I'm thinking of looking at a VAR.
Could I get some feed back on the Pro's and Con's for PTC and VAR's.
Also, I know that there are a lot of VAR's on this site and they offer up
a lot of good info (drum up a lot of sales). When replying to this post,
please state if you are a VAR or a end user.

Thanks
John
2 REPLIES 2

End user asking a question here: Where are you located because some VARs
do not span the Globe or even the country.

Brian S. Lynn
CAD Administrator/Designer

John,

I'm not 100% positive that this is related to the company or to the nature of the business with sales people. Also, I'd very surprised that it is related to just your area.

Since early 2000, I've been through (I won't list their names)the following number of sales reps:

At least 6 in Ohio from Jan 2000 to May 2003 (I can't remember one reps name because I think he lasted only one month and I met him only one time).

4 while working in Alabama/Tennessee (May 2003 to present). Again, one name escapes me because I only met and talked to him one time!

As for VARS - In Ohio we used RAND for a long time from the mid 1990s until 2000. During that period we purchased software/hardware and maintenance from them. I think their sales for turned over in a similar fasion to PTC's. I have dealt with the following VARS for training purposes:

RAND(no longer a VAR for PTC)
MK Technologies (no longer a VAR for PTC)
ITE (not sure about their PTC status)
COMTREX (not sure about their PTC status)
Tri/CAD (now Tristar)

The training services provided be each of the above outfits was about the same. I can't say anything bad about the training from these organizations. Even if I could, I wouldn't.

What I would like to know (I know some of y'all watching and reading this) is how many PTC sales people have been with PTC for:

1 Year
3 Years

Now, how about the VAR's? John, I copied this to the PTC/USER Network Discussion exploder too.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags