cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

ProductView hangs on startup when started from PDMLink

Lohbauer
1-Newbie

ProductView hangs on startup when started from PDMLink

Good Morning,

This question comes to you without a great deal of support info. I have a user who is trying to launch ProductView from his IE PDMLink browser.When ProductView is started the Window appears then it hangs. I also tried it with Google Chrome(I couldn't get that to launch at all onany systems)

Has anyone had this issue? If so I am hoping for some happy ending stories that will help me.

Thanks in Advance,

Bob Lohbauer

3 REPLIES 3

Does the same thing happen when you close the PV window and then open it again? I've had the issue on my machine where I launch PV and it just displays black. When I close and reopen, it loads fine. I haven't taken the time to track down the root cause...

Jamie,

This thread has sat for a while. Thank you for responding Jamie. Theissue in question has been resolved for IE but it remains a problem for everyone here using Google Chrome (21.0.1180.89 m). When I try to open PV to view an existingrep thewindowopens buthangs at that point. The Site information in the PV window gives warningthat the site has not been verified or encrypted. Methinks that might bepart of the problem.

Any thoughts?

TIA,Your Humble Correspondent,

Bob Lohbauer

In Reply to Jamie Momber:

Does the same thing happen when you close the PV window and then open it again? I've had the issue on my machine where I launch PV and it just displays black. When I close and reopen, it loads fine. I haven't taken the time to track down the root cause...

Bob Lohbauer

llie
16-Pearl
(To:Lohbauer)

One thing to check is that you always want your Creo View/ProductView build current to what the PDMLink version support matrix states. I have seen this a coupple times as we test 9.1, 10.0 and 10.1.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags