cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

The Central Catalog resides in Windchill?

riaea
2-Guest

The Central Catalog resides in Windchill?

He have been using Creo Schematics for a couple years now. We are moving over to full blown

Winchill early next year for our PLM tool. Now our central catalog for Creo Schematic resides

on a server. A PTC rep asked about putting the Central Catalog under configuration management

in Windchill? Now to my knowledge the Central Catalog in not designed to be put in Windchill.

I'm 95 percent sure of this. Am I missing something?

6 REPLIES 6
Gaby_K
7-Bedrock
(To:riaea)

Hi,

Unfortunately you are 100 % correct - Central Catalog can not be placed in Windchill.

Regards,

Gaby

dmartin
11-Garnet
(To:Gaby_K)

Are there any plans to implement the Central Catalog in Windchill?

BillF
13-Aquamarine
(To:dmartin)

I was told by people involved in the technical committee that it was kept out of Windchill because users told PTC that if it required Windchill, they wouldn't buy it.

I have also been told that they are looking at how to include the ability to store it in Windchill (I am assuming that the stand alone library will still be an option) and will have people testing it soon for inclusion in a future revision.

Hello,

Is there any enhancements to store central catalog in Windchill, version 11?

Thank you

BillF
13-Aquamarine
(To:luisPEREIRA)

It is more a Schematics issue than a Windchill issue.  Windchill can save a lot of stuff but Schematics needs to be able to go into Windchill a file at a time and get what it needs.

I know PTC is working on it because they have talked about the process of loading it (using a cache on your computer that gets updated in the background) at the Technical Committee meetings.

Personally, I really want this so that we have backup and rev control on all the files needed for the database.  I am hoping that they can get it going in time for Schematics 5.0.

Pier_8wd
11-Garnet
(To:BillF)

Does anybody get update on this topic ?
Still no way to sync the CC in Windchill ?

-----------------------------------
Pierre, 25 years on CAD tools
Top Tags