cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

exploder

rrich
2-Guest

exploder

I second that..
10 REPLIES 10

Well said, short and to the point!
mreece
1-Newbie
(To:rrich)

This topic was raised in June at the conference, which resulted in some very good and often emotional feedback from the members.

It would be interesting to me to hear from PTC and our PTC/User board on the current status of this topic.

What are the current plans for the exploder and the PTC Community based on the feedback?
jschaaf
4-Participant

I sure would like to hear the current status.

John

Just a guess here...

The status is "holding pattern until people stop freaking out."

If everyone will forgive me for foretelling the future, once the fury over the announcement dies down it will change to "moving ahead as planned," followed by swift implementation.

They may or may not give an explanation as to why they can't figure out the technology on how to implement a mailing list that has been going strong for -- how long now? A decade plus?
mreece
1-Newbie

I am guessing the exploder has been in place for close to two decades. By the way, Thank You very to Don Patterson who I believe led that activity! Whether there is a future for the exploder or not, it has served us very well for a long time!

Don,

It's been more like, two decades.

Bob

Well there we go.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
TomU
23-Emerald IV

Just to clarify, the PTC Community DOES send out emails automatically if you want it to. Just choose “Receive email notifications” once for each area you’re interested in (Creo, Mathcad, Windchill, etc.).

[cid:image001.png@01CFDD7E.0DEFA260]

I use both PTC User and the Community and get emails from both systems for all posts. The only difference (and I know it’s a big one for a lot of people) is you have to login to the community to post replies. Frankly, with a web browser’s ability to remember your password, I really don’t see that as a hindrance. I login once in the morning an just leave the window minimized. If anything new comes along in my email, I just follow the link back to the web page and respond. Pretty straight forward.

Yes, it is very helpful to be able to search through old emails – across all forums, communities, and sites at the same time. ☺

Tom U.
mreece
1-Newbie

I am trying to keep an open mind. The current exploder tool is very old technology, as has been pointed out by proponents of the Community. Old technology does not necessarily mean obsolete technology and it continues to serve me well.

At this point, I am not happy with the Community site operations. For me, it is very hard to find information. That may be because I don't understand how to get the value out of the tool. I fear the control of the site being in PTC's hands.

If we (PTC/User membership) are going to abandon the exploder, I believe PTC needs to take responsibility for providing a superior solution to the current technology.
mreece
1-Newbie

I got confirmation that 1989 timeframe was the first exploder came on-line. It was hosted at one of our Board Member's company until Pro/User got its own public website.
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags