cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

fea file types not necessary to "archive"...

PAULKORENKIEWIC
1-Newbie

fea file types not necessary to "archive"...

I'm running out of storage space on my workstation and am wondering IF there are FEA file types that could be erased without damaging the ability to view the results of the analysis? I'm thinking probably not, or maybe not of any considerable size, but thought I would ask...

Thanks in advance...

Paul Korenkiewicz
FEV, Inc.
4554 Glenmeade
Auburn Hills, MI., 48326

2 REPLIES 2
mjenkins
5-Regular Member
(To:PAULKORENKIEWIC)

I just write them all to DVD and delete them. The constraints stay with the part file.

I am considering getting a Blu Ray drive forburning some of the bigger projects...

In Reply to Paul Korenkiewicz:

I'm running out of storage space on my workstation and am wondering IF there are FEA file types that could be erased without damaging the ability to view the results of the analysis? I'm thinking probably not, or maybe not of any considerable size, but thought I would ask...

Thanks in advance...

Paul Korenkiewicz
FEV, Inc.
4554 Glenmeade
Auburn Hills, MI., 48326

All,

One trick is to not generate unnecessary data in the first place. The point is that MECHANICA offers you the chance to turn off certain data from being generated. For example, if you are only interested in displacements, then turn off the request to generate stresses. This will save a lot of disk space.

Randy Speed
President & CEO
Speed Consulting, LLC
4715 Harvest Hill Road
Dallas, Texas 75244
(214) 213-4440
(214) 853-9221 fax
www.speedconsulting.com

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags