cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

help with personal use wildfire 4.0 installation

cdiaz-2
11-Garnet

help with personal use wildfire 4.0 installation

i purchased a personal use seat of wildfire 4.0, recently my machine crashed, i was able to salvage the HD and all my files. i built a new machine and wanted to reinstall my persinal use wildfire 4.0 seat, i was able to find the old ptcsetup from my download from the original purchase and it seems to run thru but i run into a error that says "PTCsetup is unable to complete the installation since it is unable to find the particular datecode required. please contact PTC techsupport hotline for assistance. MED-60694-CD-360"

any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Carlos Diaz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tlockwood
6-Contributor
(To:cdiaz-2)

Hello! We are sorry you are experiencing difficulty. As discussed,  I will continue to assist you via private message and work towards a resolution.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

You will need to obtain a new license file from PTC. Usually these are tied to the MAC address of your NIC, so every computer has a unique number. Do you still have the Wildfire 4 m360 CD's as that is what it is looking for.

my original install was a download, there were no cd's involved.

so trying to use my original download ptcsetup is pointless then?

they sent me a new link to download but when i tried it my internet dropped the connection and then i tried a second time it said there had been too many attemps and blocked it again. after this is when i found my original download and gave that a try and thats when i got that datecode error.

thanks for the reply

Carlos

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Your download may have been a zip file. Unzip the file and then try the setup again.

i will try that tonight.

i did find a file called datecode, its a text file and inside it just says "pro/engineer wildfire 4.0 m080" i just have no clue where it should be located so that the ptcsetup will read it during the install, i found it in my old HD somewhere i dont recall its location. i tried making a copy and putting it in the same folder as the ptc setup but that didnt work either.

do you think i should extract that zip file if its there into my current HD desktop vs running it from the location in the old HD?

thank you for your replies, i appreciate your time and help

Carlos

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Datecode is just a cross-check file that PTC puts at the root of the CD.

Yes, unzip the file to some directory and then open that location. There should be a setup program in there to run and do the install.

I couldn't find the zip file man.
cdiaz-2
11-Garnet

i was able to download the file from PTC but still does the same thing my old i486 installed from 2010 does and the down load was not a zip file just the i486 installed or whatever its called.

i fired off another email to the ptc academic support asking about the MED-60694-CD-360, im hoping they reply with some help.

thanks again for the replies

Carlos

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

Here's a silly question - what OS is your new computer?  No Creo or Proe versions prior to Creo 2 were certified to run on Windows 10.  WF4 may not even be certified for Windows 8, I'm not sure.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

old system was on vista, new system is on windows 10, you have a great point. not sure if we can get some people currently running WF4 to chime what OS they are on to confirm or not.

thanks man

Carlos

cdiaz-2
11-Garnet

so i've emailed now 3 different people/groups at PTC and still no luck. you would think this would be a simple thing to answer to. nope the emails i get in response are just the same thing over and over from different people, i keep responding with, that doesnt work, ive tried it, and just get the same generic responce.

cdiaz-2
11-Garnet

i even tried creating a new ptc account because i read somewhere a new ptc account would generate a new license file, but still nothing. just keep getting the same error over and over

cdiaz-2
11-Garnet

PTC Academic support is the most disappointing experience I have ever had, I email them with a detailed description and they send me basic stuff I have already tried because they have already asked me to do them, so I respond stating the suggestions have been attempted, and a different person responds with the same suggestions.

i've been at this now for months and nothing an inch of progress.

Carlos

tlockwood
6-Contributor

Hello! We are sorry you are experiencing difficulty. As discussed,  I will continue to assist you via private message and work towards a resolution.

Thanks.

Lardman363
4-Participant
(To:tlockwood)

Was this issue solved?

I am having the same problem. My old computer crashed so I got a new one. I do not have a CD/DVD drive, so I copied the contents of the CD to my hard drive and tried running the installer. It gives the same 

“Cannot find datecode” error (MED-60694-CD-360). I put in a ticket 14056221, they told me to call a phone number, but they were closed. Any way I can get this solved?

Top Tags