cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

how to identify a harness part in CREO?

pr-2
2-Guest

how to identify a harness part in CREO?

I work on integration of CREO with Teamcenter. I need to know if I can identify harness parts in CREO in some way through code. Do the harness parts have any special identifiers? Can I use any attribute to recognize them in the code? Any way at all of doing it?

1 REPLY 1
sully7
13-Aquamarine
(To:pr-2)

I'm not sure about Teamcenter... but I don't believe that there is an easy one via the model data that is available through the standard publisher. 

In theory, you COULD just set up the start-part that is used by a harness part to have an extra model parameter. Maybe something like "IS_HARNESS" which is a boolean param. You'd just need to make a unique start-part, and then set that via the "template_harnesspart" config.pro option.

If you need a more "dynamic" solution, and you have access to a Pro/TOOLKIT license, there IS a Pro/TOOLKIT function available "ProCablingIsHarness" which will determine if a model is a harness part or not. That could theoretically be used to help somehow, but it would depend on your implementation. 

Feel free to PM if you'd like to know more about a customized solution.

James Sullivan
CadActive Technologies, LLC
President & Founder
www.cadactive.com

President & Founder
CadActive Technologies - www.cadactive.com
Top Tags