cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

how to set units in creo permanently

kb-4
1-Newbie

how to set units in creo permanently

anybody tell me to set units

6 REPLIES 6
Eike_Hauptmann
13-Aquamarine
(To:kb-4)

Hi Kishore,

What do you mean with units?

- Units on parameters, you need to declare them at creation in C TK. Unitssytem of files ?

- You need to change them on every part / assembly and on your Start Objects (parts, assemblys) to get it permanent same. You can do it manual, by mapkey, or by an external Tool like Model Process (http://mp.inneo.com, free for single parts after registration) or SmartUpdate (B&W Software GmbH, I think you can get also test license, ...).

Br,

Eike

Oh ... or you can program it by urself and build it as a triggered solution in (C, C++, Java, JavaScript, VBS) whatever you like (C, C++, have an xtra license).

Br,

Eike

gkoch
1-Newbie

Or are you simply asking how to set the default units when working with Creo? (e.g. config.pro option pro_unit_sys)

ssawheny
1-Newbie

you can change the units from model properties by going to FIle->Prepare->ModelProperties.

jcolon
3-Visitor
(To:ssawheny)

From the above mentioned path, select the Detail Options link and it opens a window for you to be able to change parameters as you see fit. You can even save your changes to an external file and then import it later on as needed. Altho I think that the changes you make in the Detail Options page is only applied to the active drawing.

stripathy-2
4-Participant

Hi

If you are talking about setting the units through toolkit each time you open your session you can use ProMdlPrincipalunitsystemSet() and call it in your initialize module.

manually you can change the same in ModelProperties under Prepare.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags