cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

shortcut keys to resemble Inventor

simistermike
4-Participant

shortcut keys to resemble Inventor

I am trying to figure out if I can create shortcut keys to mimic autodesk inventor. Specifically I want to use the l key to select the line tool.

I would thinik this kind of thing would be possible and easier to figure out how to do. THere is a reason they call creo, "click cad". I hate clicking all dang day!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

They are called mapkeys in Creo, and they can be far more powerful than your shortcut keys in Inventor.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

They are called mapkeys in Creo, and they can be far more powerful than your shortcut keys in Inventor.

I have added the mapkey command to my Quick Access Toolbar:

File --> Options --> Quick Access Toolbar (located under Customize)

Type "mapkeys" under Filter Commands and add it to your Quick Access Toolbar

Now you have an easy way to access all the mapkeys you have created.

Side note: When you are in a sketch, "L" is mapped to the Line Tool by default, so no need to create a mapkey for that 🙂

One thing about mapkeys, they will execute as soon as you have typed the mapkey, no need to use the enter key (that's one less keystroke for you 😉

That also means that if you have created a mapkey "RE" for regenerate, and you then create a mapkey "R" for round, that Creo will always execute the "R" mapkey as soon as you want to enter "RE".

Creo will also check for Keyboard Shortcut Conflicts...you will see those soon enough 🙂

I went into options and added mapkeys as shown but I don't really know where it ended up. and when I am making a part or in the sketcher, pressing the 'L' button doesn't do anything. unless i have pressed the alt button and then it takes me to the flexible modeling tab.

I was able to find the new mapkey button but it only works once upon opening creo, and I'm not entirely sure how to use it.

See if this topic helps How to create a mapkey

am also wanting to create mapkeys using the enter key and other keys besides the letters. for some reason it will only let me use the letters.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:simistermike)

You can not use the enter key in a mapkey.

You can use letters (capital and lower case), numbers, symbols (there may be some exceptions)

F keys can be used.

http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/usascii/index.html#page/fundamentals%2Ffundamentals%2Ffund_five_sub%2FDefining_or_Editing_Mapkeys.html%23

Thought you might be happy to know what you are asking for has become available in Creo 4.0 under an option called "keyboard shortcuts." L is already set to select the line chain command in sketcher mode. 

temptttttttttttttttttt.JPG

Top Tags