cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

trim lines ???

Not applicable

trim lines ???

I am trying this software (PE) out for the first time and i am finding this to be too difficult , i have created some 2d horizontal and vertical lines and i simply want to trim them together and add some fillets , it wont allow me to trim the lines or add fillets , under normal circumstances with other software's that i normally do this with it is pretty straight forward , does the personal edition not allow trimming ? some help would be much appreciated
3 REPLIES 3
Steve1
1-Newbie
(To:)

Go through the tutorials, it shows you how to draw using the various functions, but there is a smart trim function that just erases the section you don't need. I'm just learning the program as well so I can't be more specific, just don't treat it like Acad 2d. Steve
Not applicable
(To:Steve1)

To Trim two lines... (the lines must be able to intersect each other, or they must already overlap) Open the Modify 2D Dialog box. In the Trim Extend section select the Two Elements function. Select the first line to trim, then the second. NOTE: If the lines already overlap, be sure to select the the portion of the line(s) you wish to keep. The fillet functions are also found in the Modify 2D dialog box. However, you may want to create your 3D model with sharp edges first, then go back and add your fillets as Blends (In Modify 3D) Blends have additional properties that allow their shape to be maintained in case you need to do further modifications to your 3D model, or if you need to change the radius of the blend.
Not applicable
(To:)

thanks I managed to figure out where I went wrong , I was trying to trim infinite lines , when I drew lines with 2d copilot then all was good , now the problem that i am facing is the models that i am creating are being saved in metric ? I set the default to inches when I installed and it draws in inches but I can't figure out where the setting is to set the save to be in inches , any idea of how I can set this
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags