cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a configuration option to activate "Use as Plane" by default when measuring a distance

Add a configuration option to activate "Use as Plane" by default when measuring a distance

When using Creo View you want it to be as easy and intuitive as possible aassuming the average user doesn't have much 3D experience. So I think about measuring distance between planes you would expect the system to measure exactly that... Planes. So I think we should at least be able to set that option by default.

3 Comments

I don't understand why PTC don't simply use the way we take measurements in CREO Parametric. The Creo View measurering tool is the worst and unfriendly i've ever seen in a viewer. And i'm an experienced CAD user.

I don't understand the thinking and mindset of PTC for the complete lack of consistency between their products.

Anyway, REALLY great idea!

Aquamarine

The PTC programmers should be able to make those two checkbox options for "Use as Plane" be checked upon the second selection of a parallel plane by default without a configuration. 

Also, have to keep in mind that planes or faces are often not in a parallel condition. 

Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged