cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a configuration option to activate "Use as Plane" by default when measuring a distance

Add a configuration option to activate "Use as Plane" by default when measuring a distance

When using Creo View you want it to be as easy and intuitive as possible aassuming the average user doesn't have much 3D experience. So I think about measuring distance between planes you would expect the system to measure exactly that... Planes. So I think we should at least be able to set that option by default.

3 Comments
MartinLaliberte
9-Granite

I don't understand why PTC don't simply use the way we take measurements in CREO Parametric. The Creo View measurering tool is the worst and unfriendly i've ever seen in a viewer. And i'm an experienced CAD user.

I don't understand the thinking and mindset of PTC for the complete lack of consistency between their products.

Anyway, REALLY great idea!

BillRyan
14-Alexandrite

The PTC programmers should be able to make those two checkbox options for "Use as Plane" be checked upon the second selection of a parallel plane by default without a configuration. 

Also, have to keep in mind that planes or faces are often not in a parallel condition. 

PTCModerator
Emeritus
Status changed to: Acknowledged