cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creo View capability to open native Creo Elements/Direct files like *.mi / *.bi (2D) or *.pkg (3D)

Creo View capability to open native Creo Elements/Direct files like *.mi / *.bi (2D) or *.pkg (3D)

From time to time I am asked if it is possible to open native Creo Elements/Direct files either from 2D (formats like *.mi or *.bi either from Drafting or Annotation) or from 3D (file formats *. pkg, *.bdl *.sda *.sdac *.sdpc or sdp) as it is possible with the native Creo files 2D & 3D without using any adapter, so in the stand alone Creo View tool.  At the moment it is not possible.

What about your opinion? I would see a real value for this.

Any comments or votes are welcome.

5 Comments
Visitor

This is a functionality which is a must. It should be possible to open native Creo-Direct Files out of Windchill for all follow up processes.

Visitor

We fully agree with this request.

Otherwise we have to work with several viewer tools. This is additional effort for the admins and the users.

Visitor

We need this for the TDK-branch from Liebherr very urgent. Please make this extensions. Thank you.

Visitor

In my opinion, this feature is a must for a PTC software. The CoCreate software is treated very neglected, as if it does not belong to the PTC house.

With the request for implementation.

khk
Visitor

It should be a basic interest from ptc to enrich their viewing software with the capability to view their own data-formats. Our users permantely ask for the feature to view mi-files with the ptc viewing software.