Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable My Checked Out Work to be Viewable or Loaded in Creo View

Enable My Checked Out Work to be Viewable or Loaded in Creo View

Issue: Unable to load my checked out work in Creo View 2. 

(Issue existed in WC10.0 and carried over into WC10.1.  Reference cases 10627953 and 10650929)

PTC Logic: If object is changed or in process of being changed than it is unpublished and should not be loaded in Creo View.

Use Cases:

1. Review a component or sub-assembly inside the checked out assembly in Creo View (to answer questions)
    2. Be able to Compare an assembly I'm looking at in Creo View to the Assembly in Creo Parametric/WF5
    3. Keep objects checked out in a Workspace so other users know who owns the object and that it should not be touched.  (The object is not modified) 

Proposed Solution: Provide an option in Creo View or WC10.1 to load the latest version published in Windchill.

Reference attached picture showing assembly checked out and not loaded in Creo View.

creo-vew-checked-out-wc10-1.JPG

5 Comments
Aquamarine

This is still an issue today when working with positioning assembly structures in Creo View.  It results in frustration for the user that is trying to view content along with frustration for the Admins that have to answer the question every time a user tries to figure it out. 

Aquamarine

Creo View should NEVER be looking at checked out version in a user's workspace because it has NEVER been sent to the WC publisher.  What kind of Programmer would even think about making this intended functionality. 😞

Aquamarine

Not tested yet, but quite possible that the below WVS Properties setting at "false" solves the issue.  Documenting here in case somebody already knows that it solves the issue.

<Property default="true" name="edrload.usewvscontentservlet.posassy.includeworking"/>

Aquamarine

This idea can be closed. 

It is resolved by changing the WVS Properties setting noted above to False.

I would recommend for any company viewing assemblies in a latest configuration within a positioning assembly structure of Creo View to consider changing the default setting from True to False for "edrload.usewvscontentservlet.posassy.includeworking"  (Especially if your environment includes a collaboration assembly where user's check out content of lower level assemblies in that collaboration assembly)

On a sidenote: We have many broken branch links for family table type objects when loaded within a positioning assembly structure.  This setting seems to resolve that condition also. 

Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived