Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support of part level simplified reps in Creo View

Support of part level simplified reps in Creo View

Currently one can create a nice set of annotations with Creo Parametric 2.0 which can be published to Creo View. This functionality can be used to create 3D drawings which streamline design process and simplify data management. Data distribution (deliverables and application) can be arranged via Windchill till shop floor level.

When one creates annotation sets for sheet metal structure, there is a need for formed and flat states (bend and unbend) of geometry with supporting annotations for manufacturing. This can be done either via simplified representations or Family Tables. Later one is not an solution since it really does not simplify data management in PDM.

Therefore a support for part level simplified reps in Creo View is needed.

7 Comments

Good idea

Aquamarine

Mikki,

Can you add the following tag? - "June 2016 Technical Committee"

This is a topic we would like to discuss for the meetings.

Sure, Billi :-)

Aquamarine

This doesn't appear to be designed into the Creo 4 adapters, unless I'm missing a setting in WVS properties or adapter settings.

Can somebody at PTC confirm that this is not designed in yet?

Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged

It seems that Creo 5.0 is still missing this one; only include/exclude part are supported. There is more need for this improvement due expanding Creo Illustrate usage. Current workarounds, which do not make data management easier: - Familytables - Inheritance - Flexibility
Aquamarine

Thanks for evaluating. 

There is no doubt the need is there...this is just one piece of the big puzzle to enable the holy grail for us which is to have the WTPart metadata, Creo model and the lightweight representation synchronized at the latest iteration in Windchill.  Family tables result in processes adding 500% more time.

Also, at this point it is just a black eye for Creo View when a user doesn't see what they are expecting.  I had an engineer email me a couple weeks ago asking for the other member on his team to not use part simplified reps because he wasted time looking at incorrect information.  I know a lot of companies depend on Family Tables...but I'm not one of them.  Let's put the pieces of the puzzle in place to allow for the companies that don't like family tables to get away from them!