cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Add option in PDF export to convert shaded graphics to shaded VECTOR graphic objects, NOT only raster pics

ptc-5589582
1-Newbie

Add option in PDF export to convert shaded graphics to shaded VECTOR graphic objects, NOT only raster pics

Currently PDF export in Creo Parametric saves all shaded graphics in raster.

For DRAWINGs, to get "shaded" PDFs with VECTOR graphics, you need to set to non-shaded view displays (ie: NO HIDDEN) and manually fill (Layout>>Hatch/Fill) and color individual feature surfaces one by one. This is tedious and time consuming.

There should be an export OPTION to directly convert shaded views (in ALL modes; ie: ASSEMBLY, PART and DRAWING) into VECTOR graphics with shaded/rendered areas as distinct FILLED OBJECTS in the assigned part colors with lighting gradients.

Furthermore, this vectorizing option should be given to all vector capable export formats (eg: *.DWG) and more vector graphics export formats should also be added (eg: *.ai from Adobe Illustrator).

4 REPLIES 4

Creo Parametric 2.0 is able to export text as TEXT, if you configure it to use TrueType fonts in drawings.

Martin Hanák

My bad. You are right. I have updated my submission accordingly. Thanks.

Amended my post again. This time, I added the work around I managed to come up with to get vector "shaded" objects.

Top Tags