cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Allow spaces in all naming areas of Pro/Creo

KrisR
1-Newbie

Allow spaces in all naming areas of Pro/Creo

• I know it was written in UNIX, but when it was decided to port it to Windows years ago, I feel this should have been addressed. I believe spaces in file names have been allowed since Win 98 (I think), therefore I feel Pro should update as well.
9 REPLIES 9
BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:KrisR)

Also need more than 31 characters...We have development "collector assemblies" along with feature names using acronyms that only the experts in the area understand.

FM
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Excellent idea !!!

Today I use ALT +0160 in order to get a space character.

features names.JPG

features names space insecable.JPG

Chris3
20-Turquoise

FYI this is planned for Creo 4:

Allow spaces in filenames

File names  have always been limited to a max. of 31 characters in length and no spaces.  Capitol letters were allowed sometime around Pro/E version 20??

Allowing spaces and or allowing more characters would be a welcome and LONG, LONG overdue program fix.

Only spaces should be allowed? Or cyrillic and special symbols sholud be allowed also?

As you can see in Brian's comment for that idea, there are plans to allow spaces and special characters in filenames in Creo 4.0. Don't know if that includes cyrillic as well, though.

Hi @LukaszMazur 

Creo 8 is coming soon and it will still not be possible....

Top Tags