cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Can I create a custom callout in Creo Illustrate that points to an ASM instead of a PRT?

Thomas_More
4-Participant

Can I create a custom callout in Creo Illustrate that points to an ASM instead of a PRT?

Hi all,

Is there a way to point my customized callout to the ASM instead of the PRT? The connector number metadata that I'm attempting to target is in the ASM (highlighted in structure) and not the PRT. Please see my annotation and screenshots below.

Thanks,

Tom

asm structure.PNG

part properties.PNG

<annotation id="ref_des" hasLeaders="true">
<name>Ref_des</name>
<description>Reference Harness ID</description>
<tooltip>Reference Harness ID</tooltip>
<thumbnail url="itmtag_prop.png"/>
<leaders>
<line-style weight="1pt" color="#000000" halo="false" dashes="Solid" start="none" end="none"/>
</leaders>
<label canEdit="true">
<text font="Arial" size="10pt" color="#000000">
<useproperty category="Cable Parameters" name="REF_DES"/>
</text>
<shape type="rectangle" border="true"/>
</label>
</annotation>

9 REPLIES 9
TW_10140846
5-Regular Member
(To:Thomas_More)

No, I don't think so.

The only way to get asm. is via Automatic Callouts, which is another idea which I can't understand.....(also not putting "Dash Item" function for editing the table).... so many thing ..... 
and again I'm wondering why combining pars/asms can be done only in Edit Structure Tab. For welded elements it make sens, but for example if you want to show in Figure_1 some asm. and in Figure_2 parts in that asm you need to go back and forth in edit structure tab.
Gosh!!! Has someone there any sens of imagination in PTC Illustaration software?
Solution: add combining parts/asms in Home Tab - in struture tree, that will be refering only to the specific Figure.
It will be so nice. Don't you think?
In Edit Structure you can combine for those pars that are must be as whole, and in Home tab you will be able to choose what to combine in perticular figure.
Please support just listen to the community!!!

TW_10140846
5-Regular Member

For not going back and forth from Edit Structure tab, you can add the same model to the file and one of them will be with combining parts and another not. This will cause that the file will be more have so have this in mind.

TomM
12-Amethyst
(To:TW_10140846)

This won't work well.

You can't link the same model two times. If you want to do things once and never go back, you could do that. But otherwise you'd have to maintain two exactly the same models in Windchill with different name/number, do twice the work for each update, etc. 

The only way to create callouts referencing different levels of assembly attributes is by editing structure and combining children, then creating the callout and editing the structure to reverse combination operation.

TW_10140846
5-Regular Member
(To:TomM)

I'm not sure if this is true:
"You can't link the same model two times."
For me it works.... of course you have to do this via "import" in home tab.

TW_10140846_0-1651734785755.png

TomM
12-Amethyst
(To:TW_10140846)

 It might work if you copy the file - create two separate pvz files. Unless there's some kind of option I'm missing...Which version are you on?

wtf.PNG

TW_10140846
5-Regular Member

TW_10140846_0-1651753883452.png

TW_10140846
5-Regular Member

You can also removed attached file here:

TW_10140846_0-1651754604561.png

and then this window appears:

TW_10140846_1-1651754782218.png

Hello, that's why i tried to propose the idea

Idea Callout Assembly 

I let you check and vote if it's possible

See you !

agarland
15-Moonstone

Hi,

Currently the assembly node must have geometry for a callout to be created at that level.

There is an idea for this enhancement already:

Exploded Assemblies item tags - PTC Community

If you haven't already I would suggest adding a vote for it.

Top Tags