cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Can we easily reduce the Creo Illustrate C3di file size by removing unwanted nodes

TheodorusBoudew
5-Regular Member

Can we easily reduce the Creo Illustrate C3di file size by removing unwanted nodes

PTC are running an SLM pilot at a customer that involves creating illustrations in Creo Illustrate from local data (pvz, edz and jt files).

All local data is already optimized for creo illustrate (i.e. no brep data in the ol files).

The assemblies are very large (650mb illustrate file) and downstream processes suffer from these large file sizes.

Not all SBOM components are shown in the figures that are created on a particular dataset.

I know that we can clean the EBOM and delete any parts that are not in the SBOM to reduce the C3di file size but is there a way to delete any nodes in the SBOM that are not shown in any of the figures (apart from doing this manually).

If there was a way of doing this we could then use the Clean EBOM command to reduce the file size.

I have already suggested that the other way to do this is to disregard the SBOM that is created by default and manually re-build the SBOM bottom up with what is needed but that may not be practical either.

Thanks for any input you can give on this.

Theo

2 REPLIES 2

Theo,

Are you talking about the C3DI file (only useable in Creo Illustrate) or the published PVZ for use down stream for delivery?

The published PVZ can do as you requested. In the publish settings dialogue is the option to only include references parts. This limits the parts included in the PVZ to only those parts used in at least one of the figures in the C3DI file. It does not need to be called out or anything, just visible.

As for reducing the C3DI file itself. The only way I now to do that is to reduce the amount of data you are adding to the file. If you load a 300 part eBom and only use 200 parts in the sBom. You will still have 300 parts available to use. They just will not be seen in the tree structure as they were not added to the sBom. But they are still there in case you want/need them for a future figure. This is assuming you are creating the sBom in Creo Illustrate.

If the sBom was created in Windchill. It should only include the 200 parts and not the full 300. This does require that the post publish for the GDD is working to create an sBom version of the GDD(pvz) for use in Creo Illustrate.

Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff,

Exactly what I wanted. Never noticed that option in the publish settings. Turns out that in the large example I have virtually all files are used so the published pvz was about the same size as the C3di.

regards, Theo

Top Tags