cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Change the rotate point in Creo illustrate

DS_9999088
4-Participant

Change the rotate point in Creo illustrate

Can anyone help me with this: In Creo 10 Illustrate, I want to move the anchor point to rotate. See a screenshot below; This contains a group of opbjects that should rotate not from the center point but from a another point so that the hinge effect is more visible.

I may be overlooking something on how to move the anchor point in this version of Creo.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello DS,

for what I know, you can change the rotation point by choosing a coordinate system of another part or geometric points (video 1).

Or you create a construction element (point, coordinate system, ...?) and then select this as the rotation point (video 2).

I hope the example videos help!?

Best regards

Ramon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-View-Illustrate-Schematics/Improve-rotation-in-Creo-Illustrate/idc-p/765063 request indicates that the Creo Illustrate does not have the required functionality.

Please ask PTC Support to know it for sure.

Martin Hanák

The option to set the rotate axis has not moved.

You will find it in the RMB menu under Location (note that Transform needs to be active):

Set rotation point.png

This allows you to pick a part, edge, axis etc to use as the csys (rotation point).

Pick csys.png

Hope this helps.

Hello DS,

for what I know, you can change the rotation point by choosing a coordinate system of another part or geometric points (video 1).

Or you create a construction element (point, coordinate system, ...?) and then select this as the rotation point (video 2).

I hope the example videos help!?

Best regards

Ramon

Top Tags