cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Creo Illustrate - different Csys than in Creo Parametric.

Pawel_D.
8-Gravel

Creo Illustrate - different Csys than in Creo Parametric.

Hi everyone!

I have created a model in Creo Parametric 4 for a AR purposes. I wanted to create animations in Creo Illustrate 8.1 but when I select "Transform" I cannot select the original Csys from Creo Parametric, only this one created by Illustrate itself. Can someone explain how can I change that? Is there an option to select when importing model to Illustrate?

Pawel_D_1-1674484350641.png

Pawel_D_0-1674484331806.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Have you checked that all your construction geometry is visible:

agarland_0-1674485835622.png

If it is then I think you'll have to look at your recipe file for generating the pvz from Creo, as it looks like it's stripping too much out.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

You can reposition the csys using the 'Select CSYS' option in the RMB menu.

agarland_0-1674485166842.png

This will allow you to align select a centre line or other axis to position the csys on.

Depending on what exactly you wanted to animate this may help.

Hey,

Thank you for a quick reply, I've already tried this option but it does not work in this case. I have a sphere where I can't select any axis, center line or edge to create csys 😞

Pawel_D_0-1674485521034.png

Have you checked that all your construction geometry is visible:

agarland_0-1674485835622.png

If it is then I think you'll have to look at your recipe file for generating the pvz from Creo, as it looks like it's stripping too much out.

Thank you Agarland, you really helped me! I was always using .asm files from Creo Parametric, never thought about saving as .pvz file to use in Creo Illustrate. Turns out that when I am using .asm file Creo Illustrate cannot show me middle point of this sphere:

Pawel_D_0-1674486565655.png

Now it works perfectly 🙂

Top Tags