cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Creo Illustrate to Adobe Illustrator

1577witt
5-Regular Member

Creo Illustrate to Adobe Illustrator

Whenever I go to export my Illustration to a .SVG file it groups every line together instead of separate for our Adobe Illustrator Technician. Is there a fix for my issue or even a better way to export the file?

Thank in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
agarland
15-Moonstone
(To:1577witt)

The lines are grouped per part and all parts grouped together to maintain as much information in the exported file as possible. Doing this allows hot spotting to highlight the parts as well as callouts.

Grouping of lines per part cannot be disabled when exporting.

Can I ask what needs to be done to the figures in Adobe Illustrator and could this not be done in a 2D figure in illustrate?

1577witt
5-Regular Member
(To:agarland)

at my workplace we have an Adobe technician and a Technical Draftsmen (Me).What usually happens I make the Model and the call outs for the parts and then i hand it over to our adobe Technician to adjust the line weight and minor imperfections of the illustration, then she exports them for our manuals. When we were pitched the idea of using Illustrate they said that it would be compatible for Adobe, now that were running it it make her jobs 10x harder because when she imports it from the .SVG it imports the whole illustration as one and it wont un-group the lines. In order for it to work she has to click every single line individually. So that is  why I was asking on how to Export it without it grouping every line together.

agarland
15-Moonstone
(To:1577witt)

Adjusting lineweights & tidy up work can all be done in illustrate before you export/publish and if you create a 2D figure you can adjust/delete/add lines individually to do any finer tidy up necessary.

This has the added advantage of retaining the link to source for updates so you only have to make the adjustments once rather than having to do it again in the case of the source data updating.

SS_9878254
4-Participant
(To:agarland)

I could be very interested in this subject.
It seems like I cannot find any information on how to work with 2D figures, so currently I am making 3D figures and exporting each figure as images for InDesign.

Currently I am tempted to also use Adobe Illustrator for adding annotations to a figures/view.
I´ve been trying to create the annotations in Creo Parametric, which could work for me. But I cannot change the line thickness or arrowfill in Creo Illustrate, so the dimension lines are hardly visible when printing.

Can you guide me in a direction to learn more about 2D figures?

agarland
15-Moonstone
(To:SS_9878254)

A good place to start are the help pages for Illustrate.

https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/illustrate/r7.0/en/creo_illustrate/visualization/creo_illustrate/About_2D_Figures.html# 

That should give you a overview of what can be done with 2D figures in illustrate.

Top Tags