cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Creo View 3.0 printing problem

msteenweg
1-Newbie

Creo View 3.0 printing problem

Dear all,

On some workstations, Creo View 3 does not print DRW files. The strange thing is that 3D models can be printed without any problems. Does anyone encountered this issue and perhapse have an idea to solve this?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Michiel

6 REPLIES 6

Do you mean, nothing happens, an error is displayed, the printed output is incorrect or Creo View exits? And is it really "certain workstations" or rather "certain drawings"?

Our database lists an issue where Creo View exited - otherwise some more details (e.g. error message) may help triggering ideas.

CS180538 : Creo Parametric 3.0 exits randomly when trying to print drawing

Hi Gunter,

Creo view does not exit and does not give an error as well. Nothing happens when you give de command to print. Really strange. Maybe, it has something to do with the video card.

Regards,

Michiel

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:msteenweg)

We had a problem where most computers could print from Creo View but there were some that could not.  I found an old post saying they found that setting an environment variable fixed it.  I tried it and it worked.

Create a .vbs file with the following:

option explicit

dim shell, objEnv, userName, userVar

Set shell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

Set objEnv = shell.Environment("Process")

userName = objEnv("USERNAME")

Set userVar = shell.Environment("USER")

userVar("PV_OFF_SCREEN_SIZE_LIMIT") = 2048

MsgBox "Creo View PV_OFF_SCREEN_SIZE_LIMIT has been set to 2048 for "+userName+". For the new setting to take effect, close and re-start Internet Explorer."

Try using the environment variable PV_OFF_SCREEN_SIZE_LIMIT and set it to value 2048

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:sberns)

That is what the lines I posted above does.  And it's easier for the user to double-click a .vbs file than to give them instructions of where to put it.  🙂

We have seen this issue in the past on XP...  You didn't indicate what OS you are running.  Here is what we used to fix it:

To disable graphics hardware acceleration:

1. Choose Start > Control Panel.
  2. Double-click Display.
  3. Click the Settings tab.
  4. Click Advanced.
  5. Click the Troubleshoot tab.
  6. Move the Hardware Acceleration slider to None.
  7. Click Apply and then click OK to accept the new setting and close the dialog box
  8. Click OK to close the Display Properties dialog box.
  9. Restart Windows.
Top Tags