cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Creo View: Measure tool, select next/behind

Nairn
8-Gravel

Creo View: Measure tool, select next/behind

Looking for some guidance, hopefully I'm missing something..

Using Creo View 8

When referencing PVZ models in Creo View I often have to measure components to check sizing, and often the surfaces from which I want to measure are behind another object, surface, etc. When using the measure tool, and having selected a first reference point, I then attempt to select another reference, which is obscured, by Ctrl+right click, as I would do in Creo Parametric, or Ctrl+scroll wheel, but this results in every selectable reference being added to the measurement setup window as I cycle through. Is there something I'm missing here? Why would the selection operation be different to that in Creo Parametric, and downright dysfunctional? I can cycle to an obscured reference, as long as I don't mind removing tens of errant references after reaching the intended surface.

Is there some setting, or another way to select behind? I don't want to have to hide or isolate components as I frequently have to reference large assemblies, and this wouldn't be a problem if the selection behaved the same as in Creo Parametric.

Thanks for any hints or insight!

Nairn

3 REPLIES 3
donstucke
6-Contributor
(To:Nairn)

We also have a lot of users who struggle with the measurement tools in CREO View - seems like an area that would be good for PTC's developers to consider for some updated usability refinements. 

Dan-Baker
5-Regular Member
(To:Nairn)

I second that Creo View Measure is confusing to users on the shop floor. Many ask if they can have Creo installed just to measure because Creo View measure has issues. Please update Creo View measure. Using Creo View 8.0

donstucke
6-Contributor
(To:Dan-Baker)

A lot of our users will review the geometry in CREO View, but then export a STEP or IGES just to check a few measurements. 

The poor/confusing measurement tools are the only reason they need to download a local copy most times. 

Top Tags