cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Creo View: Save as PVZ file from Windchill does not preserve annotation sets

VeqTor
12-Amethyst

Creo View: Save as PVZ file from Windchill does not preserve annotation sets

Following is a frequent use case for me:

An assembly is opened in Creo View from Windchill. The assembly contains various annotation sets.

Now the assembly is saved from Creo View to the local hard drive as a PVZ file.

In this process, all annotation sets are lost.

Is there any way to save the PVZ file locally including the existing annotation sets?

3 REPLIES 3
llie
16-Pearl
(To:VeqTor)

Yes, You need to make the recipe file in Creo Parametric make the recipe file from the Windchill Creo View Adapter. we have ran into those issues as well. We use this Creo config option to point to a certain recipe file that we push to the users computer.

intf_pv_recipe_dir $VIEW_SOURCE\control_files\$PROE_REL\creoview

llie
16-Pearl

Sorry I miss read your question. I was able to do this with a drawing. After opening the file in Creo View from Windchill, do a File, Save As, Save All As PVZ, and select your computer location. I will try it on some of my MBD models.

llie
16-Pearl

I was able to open a model with annotation sets from Windchill into Creo View. In Creo View do a File, Save As, Save Copy Of All As PVZ and select your desired C: location. The file on my desktop still have the annotations in it that were on the file in Windchill.

Top Tags