cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Creo file name should support other language characters, not only English

gzhou-2
2-Guest

Creo file name should support other language characters, not only English

For current funcationality, creo file name only support English and numbers. For NX and Solidworks, both support full lanuguages, for example japanese, Chinese, korean.

PTC should provide Creo file name support other language characters to fill customers requirement

7 REPLIES 7

Just got one great idea from one PTC technical support one guy, starting at Creo 1.0, set hidden config.pro option "creo_less_restrictive_names " to "yes", creo file name supports other language characters, I have tested Simplified Chinese character works well. But don't in which release this option will be opened for us.

That's something I've been waiting since I started working with Pro/E (Ok, it's not that long, about 4.5 years now) and would gladly welcome this feature.

I would even expand it further and suggested that maybe it's time to remove this limit of 31 characters in filename? One of my customers came up with naming convention that puts all the necessary information about the part (like product it's located in, it's properties and so on) into the filename and they say that this limit sometimes is driving them crazy.

And one more thing: are you sure about this option or it's name? I just tried out of couriosity this setting and it's not being recognized both in Creo 1.0 and 2.0.

This hidden config.pro option "creo_less_restrictive_names " doesn't work for me too. Confirmation information from technical support team. Until now this option only works for PTC internal license only.

YONG FEi LIU is right. This hidden option is not available using generic license. Have to hope PTC make this functionality open for customer soon.

lbai
4-Participant
(To:gzhou-2)

The hidden config.pro option is always enigmatic for me.

Top Tags