cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Creo schematics central catalog loading in Windchill

ptc-3298469
3-Visitor

Creo schematics central catalog loading in Windchill

I am using Creo Schematics 9.0 and Windchill 12.0.

I want to load my central catalog in Windchill, set the Windchill path as a root folder, and access library items from Creo schematics. Is it possible? If it's not possible, what is the best solution to access the central catalog when users are located across the different geographies?

6 REPLIES 6

We are using Schematics 7.0 and Windchill 12.0.2.2. To my knowledge what you are asking is not possible unless PTC has added some way to set Windchill as the catalog location. In 7.0 it is not possible.

BillF
13-Aquamarine
(To:ptc-3298469)

That has been a request for quite a while.  
Time to plug the Routed Systems TC.  https://www.ptcuser.org/Technical-Committees/About-Technical-Committees
Things like this get discussed with some very knowledgeable people and even with Alex (product manager) to discuss solutions and new features.
Routed Systems is very open.  Anyone using Schematics or doing harness routing is encouraged to join.

We have a couple remote sites.  One was set up with a copy of the catalog.  Editing of the catalog was by a couple selected people at the main office, so the transfer only needed to be one way.

A site with only a couple people and very poor connection was set up to use remote log in to servers at the main office.  It improved the general operation of Schematics for them along with better access to the catalog.

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:ptc-3298469)

Hi,  ptc-3298469

I am checking on some community posts.  Did you gather any insight to resolve your issue?  This may also help other community members with a similar issue.

URL:  Creo schematics central catalog loading in Windchi... - PTC Community

In the event that this response did not answer your question, please post your current status so that we can continue to support.

Thanks for using the PTC Community!

Regards,

Jaime Lee

Senior Online Community Manager

I too am looking for an answer to this question.

Why would PTC create a product that were not able to point to our Harness Schematic templates that are stored in Windchill and be able to use those from within Schematic program when selecting File > New > From Template?

Don A

Don,

What you are asking for is for future enhancement. I do not think this is currently available just like the Central catalog has to be managed outside of Windchill.

BillF
13-Aquamarine
(To:danders238)

You must realize that Schematics was not created by PTC and many companies do not use it with Windchill.
It does not natively save anything in Windchill. That is being worked on.

Top Tags