cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Decal image will not appear

Indyrose
4-Participant

Decal image will not appear

I created 16 decals, all using the same method. One of the decals will not appear on the model. I get a blank placeholder as though it is there, but no image on it. All the others worked fine. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
agarland
15-Moonstone
(To:Indyrose)

Without seeing the data it very hard to tell what might be causing this issue.

There are some refinements to how we cope with different data types when applying decals/textures in the upcoming 8.0 release, so that may be worth trying. 

Outside of that I can only suggest contacting tech support who will be able to help investigate why this particular data is not behaving as expected.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
agarland
15-Moonstone

Have you tried putting one of the other decals in this part?

If other decals are not showing up either on this part, try checking the option 'Use mapping shape' this using a different method for applying the decal that should work on most data.

If the other decals appear correctly on this part then I would contact tech support and log a case to investigate why this one decal is not appearing.

Indyrose
4-Participant
(To:agarland)

"Use mapping shape" did not help. Other decals would not "adhere" to that part either. I had to create a new part for the decal to adhere to.

agarland
15-Moonstone

Without seeing the data it very hard to tell what might be causing this issue.

There are some refinements to how we cope with different data types when applying decals/textures in the upcoming 8.0 release, so that may be worth trying. 

Outside of that I can only suggest contacting tech support who will be able to help investigate why this particular data is not behaving as expected.

gcambiaghi
13-Aquamarine
(To:agarland)

I have the same problem, until the other day it was working now it doesn't work anymore

Top Tags