cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Disable the print option in Creo View for drawing files for specific LifeCycle State

KOEL_PLM
10-Marble

Disable the print option in Creo View for drawing files for specific LifeCycle State

• How to disable the print option in Creo View for drawing files representation for specific Life Cycle State.
  • Is there a way to disable print option in Creo View for CAD part or assembly  or drawing in Released state
4 REPLIES 4
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:KOEL_PLM)

Unfortunately this is not currently possible.  It is possible to prevent ALL printing from CreoView, but not just for certain lifecycle states.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS332712

KOEL_PLM
10-Marble
(To:TomU)

I would like to know whether we can able customize the Creo view with help of java & tool kit.
Please let me know the feasibility of my requirements.
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:KOEL_PLM)

No idea.

Unfortunately this kind of use-case is not what the Creo View toolkits were built for.  They're primarily targeted for embedded Creo View into a different application rather than customizing Creo View itself.  

While you could use them to create you're own custom viewer based on Creo View, it would be at the cost of needing to re-implement the majority of the functions simply to prevent printing.

I would recommend taking a look at watermarking either through server based watermarking capabilities (in the Windchill Extensions or Creo View Adapter for PDF) or client based watermarking.  This would enable you to make it clear that something is in an unreleased state.  Client based watermarking can even have this only appear during printing and not during viewing.

Top Tags