cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Does Creo View save temporary files for recovery in case of a program crash?

VeqTor
12-Amethyst

Does Creo View save temporary files for recovery in case of a program crash?

Yesterday my PC crashed. In the crash, several hours of work in Creo View were lost (positioning assemblies, creating sections and views etc.).

Is there any way to recover this from Creo View temporary files?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:VeqTor)

I'm not aware of any temp files being stored while you are working...it does require user to perform save.

If session is connected to Windchill, you want to use Save annotations to store your annotation sets into the representation/annotation table in Windchill.

If not connected to Windchill, you still want to use Save annotations, but I have found that I have to use File Save As PVZ to create a new PVZ file to embed the annotations into the PVZ file.  The File -> Save All function is flaky in Creo View so I don't recommend using this as your save button...or make sure that you are seeing the file time stamp get changed when you use this button.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Hi,

There was a similar question before - "How can I recover unsaved Parts and assemblies in exact form after Fatal Error?': https://community.ptc.com/t5/Analysis/How-can-I-recover-unsaved-Parts-and-assemblies-in-exact-form/td-p/98285 

VeqTor
12-Amethyst
(To:VladimirN)

Thanks, I have seen that, but firstly it concerns Creo Parametric and not Creo View, and secondly the answer is quite old.

BillRyan
15-Moonstone

I'm not aware of any temp files being stored while you are working...it does require user to perform save.

If session is connected to Windchill, you want to use Save annotations to store your annotation sets into the representation/annotation table in Windchill.

If not connected to Windchill, you still want to use Save annotations, but I have found that I have to use File Save As PVZ to create a new PVZ file to embed the annotations into the PVZ file.  The File -> Save All function is flaky in Creo View so I don't recommend using this as your save button...or make sure that you are seeing the file time stamp get changed when you use this button.  

Top Tags