cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Edit View Orientations: Can't rotate orientation about X-axis!

VecTor
6-Contributor

Edit View Orientations: Can't rotate orientation about X-axis!

I'm trying to create a custom view orientation. No matter what I do, I can only rotate the view orientation about the Z- and Y-axis, but not about the X-axis.

When I change the numerical value either in the X- or in the Z-angle input box, the view orientation always rotates about the Z-axis and never about the X-axis.

The attached screenshots show different angle values entered in the X- and/or Z-angle input box. It can be seen that the angle always changes about the Z-axis and never about the X-axis.

Edit View Orientations 2.png

1. Start: X-angle and Z-angle are zero

Edit View Orientations 4.png

2. Changed the Z-angle -> view rotates about Z-axis

Edit View Orientations 3.png

3. Changed the X-angle -> view rotates about Z-axis

Edit View Orientations 1.png

4. Changed both Z-angle and X-angle -> view does not rotate at all, Z and X cancel each other out  

2 REPLIES 2
BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:VecTor)

If using something besides 90 value, do you see what you expect?  I think I'm repeating your issue with the 90 on Y and this would require a ticket with Tech Support to resolve.    Our controlled defined Views in our environment only require rotation about two axis.  My views with all three axis changes are working fine.  

orientation.png

VecTor
6-Contributor
(To:BillRyan)

Thanks, I'm seeing the same orientation as in your example.

However, this orientation is also wrong, because no matter what you now enter into the X angle box, the view is actually rotated about where the Z axis was originally (i.e. about an axis parallel to the bottom border line of the below dialog box) and still not about the X axis!

VecTor_0-1715623117881.png

Top Tags