cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How can I add a pdf to pvz?

TomM
12-Amethyst

How can I add a pdf to pvz?

Hi,

I would like to add a PDF which comprises several combined pages to a PVZ file in order to be able to view them in Creo View not as separate files but as a set of pages to utilize the "page" utility and make viewing instructions more user friendly.

I can think of one way, which requires 2 steps:

1. Include the pdf in the PVZ zip file

2. Edit the structure .pvs file

However, the pvs file, when open in notepad, contains pdf file names and some uncommon ASCII characters, which make barely any sense. Not only that, but when I just open the file and save it without any actual edits, I get an error when trying to open the PVZ file in Creo View.

Is there any other way or any specific editor for PVS files I could use to achieve my goal?

EDIT:

I've got this weird thing where I find a solution to my problems as soon as I post a question...

Solution - just open the pvz file in Creo View -> File -> Add Viewables to Session -> Save all

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomM
12-Amethyst
(To:mtoreskog)

Copying this way does not change the structure file and therefore newly created pdf is unavailable in creo view. The solution I provided in my OP is the correct way to do it.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
mtoreskog
7-Bedrock
(To:TomM)

Is it not possible to define PDF output in the Publish settings and use Publish to generate a PVZ that contains the PDF files of all your figures from Creo Illustrate. Haven't tried it with PDF but I know that it works with e.g. SVG or PNG. 

TomM
12-Amethyst

You can publish all the illustrations separately, not as a single set within one file.

mtoreskog
7-Bedrock

I just tried it and it works.

Follow the procedure below as illustrated in Figure 1 (attached):

• Go to File ==> Options
  • Click the Illustration category
  • Click 3D figures (or 2D figures)
  • Click Add
  • Select Image and select PDF
  • Click Ok and Click Ok

To Publish the figures to PDF inside a PVZ follow the procedure as illustrated in Figure 2 (attached):

• Click File 
  • lick Publish and click Publish

TomM
12-Amethyst

That's what I meant. You get every illustration separate, not a full set of them as a single PDF file inside PVZ file. You can not export several illustrations into a single pdf file inside a PVZ file. You can however export many single-illustration PDF files into a single PVZ file.

mtoreskog
7-Bedrock

Hi again

Sorry for misunderstanding. I don't think it's possible to combine all figures into one single PDF file. However, you could follow the procedure below:

• Publish your figures into pvz (with PDF output)
  • Rename the pvz to zip and copy the PDF files outside of the zip
  • Merge them into one single PDF file (using some tool) and name the PDF according to one of the PDF inside the PDF (they are typically called l-PDF - Figure 1.en.pdf)
  • Copy your newly created PDF file into the zip
  • Rename the zip to pvz

I know it's not the most automated process but hopefully the result is what you want.

Best regards,

Martin

TomM
12-Amethyst

Copying this way does not change the structure file and therefore newly created pdf is unavailable in creo view. The solution I provided in my OP is the correct way to do it.

Mitul1203
4-Participant

What application do I follow these steps in?  Creo?  CreoView?  Creo Illustrate?

TomM
12-Amethyst
(To:Mitul1203)

Hi,

if you follow my original post till the end you'll find the solution which is pretty straightforward. Creo View is the answer.

Top Tags