cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How can I setup Creo for demonstrations in a classroom?

rmitchell-3
1-Newbie

How can I setup Creo for demonstrations in a classroom?

First semester teaching Creo 3.0 and I have found that it is difficult for students to see detail on the screen as I present. I will switched the system color scheme to black on white with a couple other tweaks to color and found that helped. Is it possible to change the font and size of sketch dimensions and constraint symbols? It would be beneficial to be able to make this larger/bolder. What other options make Creo easier on the eyes when displayed with a projector? Is there a good resource out there?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Robert

Few of the things that you can do are :

1.You can go to Model properties and increase the text_height and text_thickness.

2.Increase the dim_text_gap so as to make dimension texts more readable.

3.Change display style to shading with reflections to explain 3D orientation of the model or shading with edges to get a better detailed view.

4.Disable preselection highlighting if system speed is a matter of concern.

5.For drawings use format files with predefined BOM table,Report Table etc. to explain more of industrial processes in reality.

6.Import format files with grid lines to locate various entities like Bom balloons/views/notes accurately.

7.Instead of Creo default BOM balloons use custom symbols that contain your own custom defined parameters and size.

Let me know if any of these suggestions helped.

Thank you for the suggestions. Unfortunately I did not have much luck.

1. When I attempted to change text_height and text_thickness I was unable to find the options in the configuration editor. Finding them by searching for the keyword did not work either. Not sure how it is possible they be missing.

2. dim_text_gap is also missing.

3. Have been using shading with edges with success.

4. I do like being able to turn this off.

5-7. Will try this in the future, we are not quite that far along.

Hi Robert

1.For text_height,text_thickness,dim_text_gap you can follow File-->Prepare-->Model Properties-->Detail Options-->Change

Top Tags