cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How do I keep all my markups and groups while merging two PVZ files.

FM_10474863
5-Regular Member

How do I keep all my markups and groups while merging two PVZ files.

So i marked up a bunch of brackets in creoview. 

I discovered a few brackets floating in space as I forgot to bring in its supporting structure

I also created groups for all my markups. 

I can't save the file with 2 files. 

I try to merge them and I lose all my notes and groups

Why can't you just load as many PVZ's together and Save it as one file and keep all my markups and groups. 

I tried turning the groups into a shared type and was like oh cool it brought all my groups to my new PVZ... Oooh but they are all blank and didn't bring over the parts inside them... Well that was worthless. 

I shouldn't have to start from scratch to bring in a missing part. 

Even if it can't merge them.... It should be like Oooh I can remember where that second PVZ file loads from and say would you like to load secondary PVZ's from selected location and if not found let you browse or skip. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:FM_10474863)

If you are not connected to Windchill with Creo View, use the edit structure functionality with MCAD or greater license.  In this area of Creo View there is the ability to assemble a new PVZ file into the structure.  After editing and saving the structure, you should now have one combined PVZ file with previously created annotations and new annotations going forward.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:FM_10474863)

If you are not connected to Windchill with Creo View, use the edit structure functionality with MCAD or greater license.  In this area of Creo View there is the ability to assemble a new PVZ file into the structure.  After editing and saving the structure, you should now have one combined PVZ file with previously created annotations and new annotations going forward.  

FM_10474863
5-Regular Member
(To:BillRyan)

It was a little tricky but I got it to work.  

I had added the second viewable under first before going into edit and it popped up an error message that I couldn't edit with two PVZ files loaded. 

Restart.   Had to go into the edit structure and add the viewable from there and then merged the links.  

The only question I have no is that it still has like the full path of that injected part say 2589/178985/1254/bracket 1

If i have the 1254 NHA can I just say Bracket 1 go into that structure and adapt to that part path ID structure. 

I get that in there now as the root directory then the rest @@PV-AUTO-ID@@004/589/178985/1254/bracket 1

I mean i got what I want and can fix it in my spreadsheet .

Thanks 🙂 

Frank Morgan

Top Tags