cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Illustrate Interrupted or collapsed view / partial view

Ramon_Bohne
12-Amethyst

Illustrate Interrupted or collapsed view / partial view

Hello,
I have two question about creating views in Creo Illustrate.

1.) Is it possible to create a kind of interrupted or collapsed view (or what I shou call it) to push large parts together (example: View1 and View2)?

2.) Is it possible to display only a part of a view, so that it is still possible to place position numbers (callouts) on the left and right (example: View3 and View4)?

Thanks and greetings
Ramon Bean

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Adrian,

yes, that was very helpful. Thank you very much.

With kind regards

Ramon

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

For question 1, this would have to be done manually be creating a 2D figure and then editing the content to remove the unwanted section.

The issue would be that you couldn't use a background image for the shaded effect.

For question 2, this would depend on what the final deliverable is.  If it's a 2D formal Svg or cgm etc then you should be able to use the page to crop what is included, ie' remove anything outside the page.

I think it could be a little tricky to achieve either of these results but using the suggestions above you may be able to get close.

In the end, I always need a simple image file as *.bmp or *.jpg.

And yes, if it doesn't work in Creo-Illustrate, you can of course do it all quite easily with a graphics/painting program.

But first I want (should I) check if it is possible with Creo-Illustrate only.

And yes, I want to have colored and shaded images.

So the question is: Is there an easy way with Creo-Illustrate to create the image files as desired, or should I better edit and finalize the finished image with a graphics/painting tool?

Best regards

Ramon

Hi Ramon,

So there is a way to create a figure that is very close to what you are looking for using the insets and a 2D figure.

Here's the basic steps:

1. Create a 3D figure showing the assembly in the correct orientation
  2. Add two insets that contain the details of each end of the assembly (See image 1 below)
  3. Turn off the borders for both insets
  4. Move the main view of the assembly outside the page (again see image 1)
  5. Now create a 2D figure from this 3D figure
  6. Hide the two inset views and select/delete the unwanted main view
  7. Unhide the insets and manually add the curved lines to indicate the truncated view (Image 2 shows a very rough example)

Hopefully that gives you enough detail to get the view you are looking for.

Image 1Image 1

Image 2Image 2

Hello agarland,

thank you very much, that looks good and works almost fine.

One more question: how do I get the shaded images into the 2d figure?

Best regards

Ramon

Good to hear this works for you. 😊

To include a shaded image you need to check the "Include shaded image" option in the 2D figure settings.

When creating the 2D figure select "2D Figure settings" option:

2D figure settings2D figure settings

In the dialog check the "Include shaded image" option and set the required resolution:

Include shaded imageInclude shaded image

This can also be done for existing 2D figure via the "Figure Settings" button in the Figure ribbon:

Figure settings buttonFigure settings button

Might be worth checking your image quality setting found in Options>Global>Model, to be sure the output is of a good enough quality.

Image quality settingImage quality setting

This will hopefully get the results you're after.

Adrian

Hello Adrian,

yes, that was very helpful. Thank you very much.

With kind regards

Ramon

Announcements

Top Tags