cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Illustrate inset lines output

TomM
12-Amethyst

Illustrate inset lines output

Hi,

Is it a "feature", a bug or there's a recipe setting that I don't know of which makes inset explode lines completely different to their "normal" page view when exported?

Sorry about the colour choice but it's noticeable anyway.

StupidLines.PNG

In the page view all lines look the same (like the ones on the left in the picture). But when exported the inset lines get much thinner and densely packed. 

Cheers,

Tom

8 REPLIES 8
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:TomM)

Hi Tom,

Please specify which version of the program are you using.

TomM
12-Amethyst
(To:VladimirN)

Hi,

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

@agarland Could you please take a look?

agarland
16-Pearl

Can you clarify what you mean by 'completely different'?

Some images showing the difference would also be useful.

TomM
12-Amethyst
(To:agarland)

Hi,

Apparently I did not follow up on the matter at the time. My apologies.

After upgrading to V 10.0 the issue struck me again. Here's an example, which pretty much speaks for itself.

The view in Creo Illustrate canvas: 

A1.PNG

The outcome in PDF (exported as an image in PDF format with 280 dpi):

A2.PNG

It's as if insets (and leader lines) were affected by the dpi scaling but explode lines in the canvas were not (even weirder cause they're the same entity). You can clearly see that explode lines in the inset and the leader line are scaled when being converted but nothing in the main canvas does. (It's not a 2D figure).

A different view, where we need to choose to either create absurdly thick in-canvas explode line for its inset to be visible or keeping its inset barely recognizeable:

A3.PNG

Best regards

agarland
16-Pearl

Hi Tom,

I would suggest contacting Tech Support so this issue can be investigated properly.

The explode lines shouldn't have a different pattern (dash length) in the inset view.

Regards

Adrian

TomM
12-Amethyst
(To:agarland)

Hi,

I'd say so too. I'm fairly sure it's a bug or unintended behaviour but I'd like someone to check in their software if this is a thing (I checked in mine - versions 7.0 and 10.0 + in multiple clean installs as well).

Thanks for your oppinion!

TomM
12-Amethyst

Could someone reproduce this behaviour in their (some other than 7.0 or 10.0) version, please?

Top Tags