cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Illustrate video output - can't get the size right

TomM
12-Amethyst

Illustrate video output - can't get the size right

Hi,

On my journey with setting up Creo Illustrate I've found out that videos (MP4) generated by the software have way different dimensions or viewing area if you please, than what's visible in Creo illustrate while recording. It defeats all the purpose of doing sequences or animations if you can't predict what's going to be visible in the actual video export.

So am I missing something or is there an option to adjust the Figure page size to what's going to be exported so that I know what I record is what's going to end up in the actual video?

Creo View.PNG

Photo 1: Creo Illustrate view. A3 page setup.

Recording view.PNG

Photo 2: Recording view

EDIT:

Ok...so apparently when you hit "Export" everything works fine, however publishing as MP4 is completely different. Is it a bug or do I need to edit some recipe or what? When I''m going to have a tone of sequences to publish generating them is going to suck...

Kind regards,

Tom

  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
agarland
15-Moonstone
(To:TomM)

Ok, that was a known issue that was addressed in the 8.1 release of Creo Illustrate.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
agarland
15-Moonstone

Hi Tom,

The page is used to crop the movie on export and publish, so you should get the same result whether you publish or export.

Can you tell me what version of Illustrate you are using?

TomM
12-Amethyst
(To:agarland)

Hi,

That's what I thought. I'm using Creo Illustrate 7.0.

agarland
15-Moonstone

Ok, that was a known issue that was addressed in the 8.1 release of Creo Illustrate.

TomM
12-Amethyst
(To:agarland)

Eh...it's sad that a clear bug which hinders functionality of software is being addressed in future releases instead of being patched.

Thanks for taking your time to investigate.

Enjoy your day.

Top Tags