cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Issue applying dataset to Schematics objects (block and wiring)

DO_9103628
4-Participant

Issue applying dataset to Schematics objects (block and wiring)

I've been having an intermittent issue when applying datasets to objects in Schematics. I have my own datatable for connectors and have used this datatable in the past (as recently as yesterday) to apply datasets to objects in Schematics, but yesterday when I tried to set an objects dataset, I got the error:

?msg_err@ >>>> error <<<<
?msg_err@ Can not apply this dataset: at least 1 member is invalid: W501-P5!BP1 (No mapping)

The object is the "Plug" variable object included in the DemoDB and I'm having the issue in both block (BID) and wiring (WID) sheets... The weirdest part is that I have successfully applied the dataset to other Plug objects on the same sheet, but now I just get this error. I've started blank sheets and sometimes the same error crops up, and sometimes it doesn't (and sometimes it will work for a little bit and then stop working...).

Any ideas how to get around this?

2 REPLIES 2

Article - "In Creo Schematics, unable to place conductor while creating a cable and gets error, "cannot apply the dataset. A dataset is applied by the parent's member map"": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS210577

DO_9103628
4-Participant
(To:VladimirN)

No this doesn't apply to my situation. I can place groups and route conductors between them (and I can apply datasets to my cables as needed) but I can't apply a dataset to a group.

Top Tags