cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are working to address an issue with subscription email notifications. In the meantime, be sure to check your favorite boards for new topics.

Not able to asemble parts using 'Select from Graphics area' option in CreoView.

SR_10832839
4-Participant

Not able to asemble parts using 'Select from Graphics area' option in CreoView.

I want to assemble/mate two parts together, but sometimes I am unable to select the origin and destination from the ' select from graphics area' option. 

Can anyone please help me with it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately if the geometry doesn't have the necessary information (axis, edges etc) the assembly tool won't be able to mate the two parts.

I'm not aware of any workarounds for this other than manually positioning the parts using the transform tool.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

This is normally because the parts don't have the necessary edges or axis required.

If the geometry doesn't have the necessary edges, axis etc Creo View do the mate operation.

You could try adding an axis to both the parts you want to mate and try using that.

SR_10832839
4-Participant
(To:agarland)

Even if I try to create an axis for the parts, the selected edges, faces are not being taken as references to create the axis. What can I do in such situations. 

P.S I used the mate operation itself in reply to your solution.

Unfortunately if the geometry doesn't have the necessary information (axis, edges etc) the assembly tool won't be able to mate the two parts.

I'm not aware of any workarounds for this other than manually positioning the parts using the transform tool.

SR_10832839
4-Participant
(To:agarland)

Thanks a lot for your reply @agarland .

Top Tags