Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resources for design automation?

jsolerrosado

Resources for design automation?

I am looking for a solution that reduces the need to re-design from the ground up a model similar to a previous one. Is there anyway to setup Creo or any of its related products to take given dimensions or criteria as input and output a model depending on those values? Even if the model still needs adjustment, this would help just to help reduce redundancy and unnecessary steps.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Resources for design automation?

Look at Pro/Program or Save-As. There is also the Options Modeler package. PTC Creo Options Modeler | PTC

Are there any tutorials I could refer to if I'm to use Pro/Program?

Thanks

It all depend on few parameters cost,complexity , usability and flexibility.For a given model depend on the design intent and standardisation we can build the model on the fly using Pro/toolkit which requied a seperate license which cost reasonably high and application developemnt cost.

Jlink and VB link are also used which not required license.But can not able complex problems.

pro/program and weblink has different purpose for automation.

From the above we have to pick right one which is applicable to solve our need.

regards,

kishore

Hey Kishore Babu,

So what I intend to do is have an assembly automated. Do you think Pro/Program would be able to do that? Ideally, I want to be able to enter two or three dimensions (driving parameters or driving criteria) and then have the assembly generated from those dimensions.

Announcements