cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Scaling PDF Measurement with Adobe Plug In

JJ_10432497
4-Participant

Scaling PDF Measurement with Adobe Plug In

Hi all, I am using the Adobe Plug in for PDF markups in Creo View and am curious if there are ways to set the scale on PDF measurements? Currently I'm able to measure the document with the Adobe Tools, but am unable to change the scale from the embedded scale. This is fine if the scale is embedded properly but that is not always the case for the documents I work with. Has anyone had any experience with measuring PDF in Creo View? Currently using Creo View 9.0 and Adobe Pro. Thanks

JJ_10432497_0-1678310675652.pngJJ_10432497_1-1678310703331.png

5 REPLIES 5

Is there a reason why you are measuring the PDF of a model? Why not open the model itself and get accurate measurement. The way you are measuring will never be correct.

To your case about scaling, no that option is not available in Creo View. Do you only have access to the PDF and no other files?

JJ_10432497
4-Participant
(To:llie)

Most of the time, the PDF is all we receive from our clients. I understand measuring the PDF has a certain amount of inaccuracy but the measurements we perform are for internal calculations that do not require very high accuracy. I'm curious why PTC would prevent this functionality in the adobe plug in? They allow almost every other standard adobe reader functionality but block users from setting the scale for measurements, which I'm even able to do in the free adobe.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:JJ_10432497)

Occasionally I will scale PDFs from vendors. I typically just do the math for stuff I don't have access to the embedded scale. Even less often, all I get is a paper copy, then here I go with my steel scale and a pencil.

llie
16-Pearl
(To:StephenW)

I would suggest looking into BlueBeam Rev U. We are a HUGE PTC house, but we also use that software.

JJ_10432497
4-Participant
(To:llie)

Yeah that's always a possibility, just would like the interface to be as user friendly as possible. Yeah we use BlueBeam as well for some of our needs, just would like to be able to do everything we need in one platform. Most of the measurement capabilities my company needs are available through the free Adobe, am just wondering why scaling is blocked in Creo View

Top Tags