cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Show release information in Pro/E and Creo title bar

qzhou-2
5-Regular Member

Show release information in Pro/E and Creo title bar

Show release information in Pro/E and Creo title bar, for example show as "Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 5.0" instead of "Pro/ENGINEER", "Creo Parametric 2.0" instead of "Creo Parametric"

17 REPLIES 17

I voted down, because in my opinion this information isn't necessary.

JimBarrettSmith
14-Alexandrite
(To:qzhou-2)

Hi

This is already available in the main window. The version is not shown in sub windows which I believe makes sense. Is your request about the main or sub windows?

22-05-2012 15-29-35.png22-05-2012 15-32-00.png

This is for (PTC) inhouse use only. not open for users.

Case 10795067 ,

SPR 2128528,

Document CS64271.

This is a important information, when we have multiple release version of Pro / E,

Avoid the use of the incorrect release version.

JimBarrettSmith
14-Alexandrite

Well I guess you learn something new every day. I will investigate why we do not provide the version number, in the mean time when you launch Creo the embedded browser should open to a landing page.  The landing page for each release of Creo is different.

I assume you just want release and e.g. 1.0. 2.0 etc and not the maintenance build

Thank you, this is important information, which cause us to lose a customer.

Not long ago, a customer came to our company.
He needs to use the wildfire 2.0 to modify the model, and I give him open wildire 3.0.
When he change is complete, only to find the wrong version.
Since then, we did not see his order.

If the version information to display in the title bar, this error should not occur

This functionality is very import for me too. Since the  profile of some releases is the same, this confuse us many years ago.!!

dhermosillo
14-Alexandrite

Can this be set back to Open for Voting?

JimBarrettSmith
14-Alexandrite

Open for voting as requested

Hi Jim, do you have further information to share about this issue??

hi,JIM,  can add this enhancement into Creo 3.0 or not? Thanks.

Hi Jim, this enhance is not added into Creo 3.0. Is that a plan to add into Creo 4.0. I don't know why PTC would not to change it. Is it a difficult task for R&D????

JimBarrettSmith
14-Alexandrite

Hi

It is certainly on the list to do in Creo 4.0

thanks, jim

Hi Jim, thank you for this good news. The preference way is adding release and datecode information into title bar since now we always need to select Menu File > Help > About Creo Parametric to check release and datecode information.

JamesLim1
6-Contributor

Hi,

I serious need the information because we have multiple-version of Creo Parametric ( 2.0 ~ 4.0)
So, I hope to display Creo Parametric version in title bar.

ASAP !

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Since each icon is diffferent for each build of Creo you are launching, rename them to reflect the version and build.

Then educate your users to select the proper version for their customer's files. ☺

Creo Parametric 4.0 F000 only shows Creo Parametric at the top of the window.

Top Tags